new to all of this

hagar

new to all of this

Post by hagar »

i just bought a syvecs s6gp and a toucan touch screen interface and have found a few problems.

i am putting it in a mk3 1jz gte supra and when i received it there was exactly no papaerwork with it at all.
i have no pin out diagram or fitting instructions. the only ones i have seen on here are for subaru's. is there not a diagram telling you what to connect all the pins to on the plug?
also in the toucan instructions there is talk of an rj25 socket next to the Ethernet socket but on mine there is only the large socket on the back and a plastic cover riveted over what i assume are the other sockets in the diagram. i don't feel like removing this and voiding any warranty just to find out what's going on.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: new to all of this

Post by TimH »

S6GP pinout is on the forum here.

The Toucan documentation says to cut the connector off, and gives you the wire colours you'll need when connecting it to the S6GP connector...and even gives you the S6GP pin numbers. You won't void your warranty since the instructions tell you to do this...and I wrote the instructions as well as developed the Toucan itself :lol:
hagar

Post by hagar »

thanks.
hagar

Post by hagar »

thanks.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

No problem - and if you contact Ryan Griffiths on here he will send you a typical Supra pin out :)
hagar

Post by hagar »

TimH wrote:No problem - and if you contact Ryan Griffiths on here he will send you a typical Supra pin out :)
i don't follow you. if i'm using a syvecs and making the loom myself as my original is in a shocking state after 20 years what "typical supra pin out will i need"
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Just a common usage of the inputs and outputs for the various sensors and solenoids - thought it might help you, but it's not necessary as you can decide on your own pinout of course :)
hagar

Post by hagar »

also what kind of shielded cable for the analog signals is used on cars?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Your choice, depending on your aspirations.

I use 105C rated automotive thinwall insulated single-conductor wire for most things, but it is then sleeved in impregnated fibreglass sleeving which is rated at 165C. For shielded wires I use Raychem Type44 which then doesn't need to be sleeved. Give your earthing some thought, to keep analogue grounds separate from engine/power grounds, and that you use the right ground in the right place.

If a full race-type build, then Raychem Type 55 is lightweight and would be used for shielded and unshielded/single-conductor wiring.
hagar

Post by hagar »

again, thanks