Integrating S8 with Race Technology Dash2

CraigGoodfellow

Integrating S8 with Race Technology Dash2

Post by CraigGoodfellow »

First up, I don't have any previous experience of this so be gentle! I have a V12 XJ13 aluminium replica in build which is using a Syvecs S8 ECU and for IVA purposes we are putting it through with a Race Technology Dash2 display. We have verified the CAN data stream out of the Syvecs with a Syvecs logger and that is working fine. We have the CAN interface box from Race Technology as well. So we now need to get the Dash2 display showing the relevant information from the CAN stream. We have tried getting support from Race Technology but frustratingly that has not been forthcoming.

Question: Does anyone have the config set for a working Dash2 setup - i.e. the Syvecs calibration, the config of the CAN<>RS232 converter box and the Dash2 configuration? I understand that all these must match for the setup to work.

Anything along the lines of an idiot's guide to installing these would also be appreciated!

Thanks

Craig
stevieturbo

Re: Integrating S8 with Race Technology Dash2

Post by stevieturbo »

Can't help I'm afraid. But I once tried getting the Dash2 to work via can with my old DTA ecu many many years ago. I could never get it to work and Race Technology offered no support at all.

I ended up selling it on.

That said, Kinzy fabrications just listed one for sale they had been using with a Life ecu ( same thing ), so they might be able to help

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100049125943590
CraigGoodfellow

Re: Integrating S8 with Race Technology Dash2

Post by CraigGoodfellow »

Thanks Steve - I've dropped them a note to see if they would be willing to help.