Bmw E92 m3 s65 throttle problem

EFI&Turbo

Bmw E92 m3 s65 throttle problem

Post by EFI&Turbo »

Hi guys 1st post. I'm relatively new to Syvecs, however I have been working on modifying and tuning a E92 M3 for a bit over a year now and gotten to a point where I have felt reasonably comfortable with tuning the syvecs, however recently the engine was removed to check bearings after metal was found on the vanos solenoid screens, we found a vanos pulley damaged and removed the vanos completely. The engine has aftermarket camshafts and valve springs and a ASA supercharger fitted. The problem is now the engine is refitted the throttles don't work. They do the little blip when you open the door or insert the FOB, other than that there is no function. I've traced all the wiring right back to the ecu and can't find fault. I get 2 fault codes for E throttle 1 and 2 exceeded margin. I can manually move the throttles and calibrate them and no longer have these fault codes but they still don't work. Is there something I'm missing?
beetos

Re: Bmw E92 m3 s65 throttle problem

Post by beetos »

It will shut down the h bridge output if the tps margins are exceeded. Try temporarily allowing a large margin and enable TPS with engine not running, and see if you can get the throttle motors to work. With ITBs and separate throttle motors on that engine, there could be some wiring related issues now you’ve taken the vanos out as I think they may be in the same loom as either the throttle motor or tps. Check the tps for clean 5v and sensor grounds. Cheers
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUHThP2A09k

Datalog when the fault is occurring, obviously logging the relevant items for DBW operation.

It should all be pretty clear. But ensure base pedal and throttle blade calibrations are setup correctly.
EFI&Turbo

Post by EFI&Turbo »

beetos wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:06 pm It will shut down the h bridge output if the tps margins are exceeded. Try temporarily allowing a large margin and enable TPS with engine not running, and see if you can get the throttle motors to work. With ITBs and separate throttle motors on that engine, there could be some wiring related issues now you’ve taken the vanos out as I think they may be in the same loom as either the throttle motor or tps. Check the tps for clean 5v and sensor grounds. Cheers

i dont believe they use the H bridge. the throttle motors have their own internal H bridge and talk to the ecu via canbus
EFI&Turbo

Post by EFI&Turbo »

stevieturbo wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:13 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUHThP2A09k

Datalog when the fault is occurring, obviously logging the relevant items for DBW operation.

It should all be pretty clear. But ensure base pedal and throttle blade calibrations are setup correctly.
pedal postition and throttle plate position calibrations are correct, i recalibrate blade position and have no faults yet it still doesnt work,
in the dbw tab it says no fault for dbw 1 or 2
but dbw select shows off for both dbw1 and dbw2.

this all use to work, motor came out for arp rod bolts and hasnt worked since refitted
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And is the output duty changing when you request position changes ?

What is dbw target showing ? Does it seem sensible ?