Can1 generic rx with a pnp s7plus

Gaposgarage

Can1 generic rx with a pnp s7plus

Post by Gaposgarage »

Is there anyway to use generic rx on can 1 with a pnp kit. I need to get data from my turbo lamik that is in pt can(can1) into syvecs. I was just making can2 a node of can1 to achieve this but, i cant connect the diag tool to the car when its hooked up this way. I have an arduino due i can use to play man in the middle and intend to use it eventually to pad arbids from the car to have 8 bytes so Syvecs doesn't discard them but right now im using it to isolate the vgsg(awd controler).
stevieturbo

Re: Can1 generic rx with a pnp s7plus

Post by stevieturbo »

Have you asked on either the Turbo Lamik facebook group, or the Syvecs facebook group page ?

Or perhaps contact Whifbitz, they've done quite a few 8HP's
Gaposgarage

Post by Gaposgarage »

Know one seems to know how to get syvecs to recieve on can 1 with a plug and play kit unfortunately. The way im doing it seems to be the most with a man in the middle converting singals into what syvecs wants to see. What im doing now works but i need my man in the middle to see exactly what the awd module is doing so i can make my Arduino and tiny bot 40 amp motor controller control my awd.
My only real problem is i cant see what the diag software sees and it hurts me trying to figure out the signals with can1 and can 2 connected.

Im probably just going to limit tq to 800nm unlock the converter and shift with reduction if it comes down to it then go back to how i have it.

Unless someone knows the magik trick to receive on can 1🤷
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Which pnp kit is it ?

Is the S7 essential ?

Move to an S8 ?

Must admit, CAN limitations on the S7 are why I like to stick with the S8 where possible.
Gaposgarage

Post by Gaposgarage »

It's a e90 n54 kit ive deleted di, and most everything honestly. But i just purchased it last year and s8 isnt in the budget currently.

I wasnt aware the s8 had customizable can either

The main thing the plug and play is doing right now is working with the cas so my key still works and the abs system works. Eventually ill be deleting that to but thats how this all started.

Right now ive got to a point where i learned the motor encoders dont work with anything i can find. Then i found lamik can read position and direction and send a duty over can.

There's not much info out there but i got as far as finding lamik uses a ecu masters hbridge to can 15amp . I started sniffing the can and logging the output duty from syvecs with a spare t case i just set on my passenger floor🤣

The plan is to put lamik at 100 percent on the tcase right now and then use the tcase tune pot input on lamik and have syvecs send its center diff based on tq control and some custom maping to keep weight on the rear wheels more and try to save my front drive train. Im on hoiser dbr 15x10 26 with all the goodies in the rear and dr2 17 slicks up front on all stock drivetrain from the tcase up.

Its all an experiment right now car has a xona 11569s and a shot ran progressive to load up on the converter. The main goal right now is just 1/8th mile no prep for this year mostly because of budget and lack of safety equipment.

I did just see a new firmware for s7 plus generic units but im not 100 percent sure if ill lose wheel speed or can data like the engine cranking-started bit for the cas to kill the starter or if i try and it doesn't work if i would be able to go back to the current pnp firmware
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If you could adapt can yourself, you could maybe go generic, and pickup can wheel speeds etc from the abs and send them over in the Bosch Motorsport format.

Not sure what other can integration there is with such a kit though. Probably is more ?
Gaposgarage

Post by Gaposgarage »

Only thing holding me back from trying generic right now is i don't have a pnp firmware to upload if it doesnt work out