2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Jackstrath

Re: 2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Post by Jackstrath »

Yeh they are,

So gear shift manual blip request is - BLIP_SLOT / / Slave an21

Gear shift manual cut request is - GEARCUT_SLOT / /Slave an25

Then there’s the brake pressure front - BRAKEP_SLOT / / Slave an19

There’s a few I don’t use but that’s the main ones
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

When you compare them to what's happening at shifts, the gear cut and blip do definitely occur at a shift point when you view the slaveAN values.

So they are being seen
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

But it looks (for the blip anyway) to be occurring after the gear has been selected and not during or before. Still doesn’t explain why I’m seeing no gear blip request tho?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

their names are not the standard names for shifts and cuts etc, so they must be using the custom tables to do something ?

No idea really.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Well beek just got back to me. Interesting it looks like they are actually active on? I never looked to see if the requests had came back? Man this is weird?
Attachments
IMG_5034.jpeg
IMG_5034.jpeg (453.5 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

So, iv figured out why the blips and cuts have started working (and wow what a difference thats made to the box downshifting)
So i changed my switch panel up and moved things about, but i then fitted the cal select switch upside down..... so when i got in the car i just set it to cal1 but turns out that was cal8.... now cal 7 has basically the safteys turned off so if i hit a sensor fail mid race i can cancel it and continue. Im wondering if cal 8 has something activated that allows blips/cuts to work and cal 1 doesn't! i have had a look but i cant see anything obvious under the calibration switch tab?
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

So just seen the 1.75 update, im not sure how that works with my custom firmware from beek so iv sent an email.

One thing i did do over the weekend was add a single rear wheel speed sensor, idea is to run TC on select Cal's. Watched the help video, They use all 4 sensors, does the system still work with just 1 rear speed sensor?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Just set your undriven to whatever wheel, and driven speed to whatever relevant wheels