ZF8 transmission control using Syvecs

Alex Bable

ZF8 transmission control using Syvecs

Post by Alex Bable »

I am in a planning stages of my next shop project car. C7 A6 running a gen 2 bentley W12 and the ZF8HP90 transmission.
The W12 uses 12 Di injectors, 12 port injectors, vvt on all 4 cams, and vairable lift (cylinder disabling), and dual throttle bodies. These features have me looking at the S12 ECU. I would love it if the S12 would also have the capability to manage a ZF8, but i cannot find any data saying that it does other than one forum post mentioning support for that would be available at some point.

Has the ZF8 trans been run by syvecs, or should i look to use a seperate controller for this?
stevieturbo

Re: ZF8 transmission control using Syvecs

Post by stevieturbo »

I did ask for an update on a previous thread, but got nothing.

I've seen or heard nothing that the ecu is running them directly yet myself, as it's something I'd be interested in

Most users seem to either use the Turbo Lamik, or HTG for ZF8HP control

Turbo Lamik seems more popular at the minute, HTG seemed to have more development issues along the way, but seems they have improved a lot. Both would be the main two to investigate.

There are a couple of others in the US but I think they are more specific to fitting to "domestic" vehicles with very specific gearboxes, so less universal. Sound German is one, CANTCU is another.
Alex Bable

Post by Alex Bable »

I looked through my S7 on my RS3 and while it is disable because the trans is not controlled via syvecs on the RS3 there is a ton of options to setup transmission control in there. Is there a base file or pinout available is a entirely different question, and will the S7 power the ZF8 I am not entirely sure without checking to see if there is enough IO to do it, It does look like there is everything there to do it. A base file for the ZF8 would be a god send for me. I am sure i will get it to work eventually but with my limited experience it will be a long process to build a file from scratch for the ZF8

The S cal file I am looking at is 1.711
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I think the new HTG IO CAN that's due out may be a more simple option.

From what I understand, it talks to the TCM, and does not need full re-wiring of the mechatronics. This may have limitations, but in terms of ease of use, should be easier and quicker to get running

I think the regular HTG GCU and Turbo Lamik require re-wiring of the mechatronics inside.
Marilian

Post by Marilian »

The mechatronics do not need to be completely rewired because it communicates with the TCM. Although there might be some restrictions, this should be simpler to use and take less time run 3