Anti lag hardware/software setup

LMoyer

Anti lag hardware/software setup

Post by LMoyer »

Requesting information for baseline setup for ALS system activation only. Working with a S12 ver 1.657 on Lamborghini Gallardo. The customer is requesting a momentary switch only & not using the Multi-Posistion switch for ALS activation. This ALS is only being implemented for the pop/bang noise effect. I currently have the Momentary switch wired into pin 33. We do have a Multi-Position switch in the system currently and it is working properly. Please advise on the proper software setup to accomplish this....Thank you!
LMoyer

Re: Anti lag hardware/software setup

Post by LMoyer »

Since I have received no response from the above post let me simplify my question.....Is the software capable of a momentary switch to activate the ALS system? I am assuming so by the parameters available in the sotware (IO assignments etc..) I have looked at the You tube tutorial and that skips over a momentary dedicated switch and goes right into using the Multi-Posistion switch. I am sorry if this is a dumb question, just looking for any type of support to get me on the right track. Thank you
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

When you say "momentary".

Are you meaning a non latching push switch ?

ALS can definitely be turned off or on via a latching switch. I wouldn't be so sure about a non latching switch. Although it can also be turned off on via cal selection too.
LMoyer

Post by LMoyer »

Thanks for the response!....To clarify the situation the software is currently configured for a multi-position switch, it is working properly in this mode. The owner wants it off of the multi-position switch and on to a momentary push button (as the only activation of the ALS system).

Yes.. I am trying to describe "momentary" as non latching push button.

The owner of the vehicle is only looking for the sound effect of ALS, as a very temporary push of the throttle in neutral. My request is guidance to the proper software/hardware settings to accomplish this...(only activating the ALS system on/off with the momentary) As I stated above the momentary switch is wired to pin 33 (Input) as a ground (Low) & is setup as ALS Enable switch. The timing/fuel setup strategy I can handle no issue. Thanks again!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As said.

I do not believe a momentary switch can be used. Unless you got a momentary switch coupled to a delay timer ?

The forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, you might get more response on the FB group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/529817494434981
LMoyer

Post by LMoyer »

Thank you
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

If you only want ALS active while the switch is pushed, you can use a momentary switch without issue. The software doesn't know the mechanical construction of the switch.

If you want a press/release of the momentary switch to turn it on, and a second press/release to turn it off then, as has been said, you won't be able to do this.
LMoyer

Post by LMoyer »

Yes, this is the intended strategy - press & hold the momentary switch to activate the ALS then release the momentary to deactivate the ALS.

Maybe I wasn't explaining this clearly enough but that is what I was thinking also....The owner has had the momentary switch already installed so hopefully I can get this setup working for him. I appreciate any helpful input greatly, this is my first experience with Syvecs (customer supplied the
ECU & interface harness).

I have been working mostly with MoTeC for 25+ years (my first one was an M6 that used DOS based software), the Syvecs ECU seems
very capable but getting support has been a challenge. The dealer the customer had purchased the unit from has been almost ZERO help and only referred me to You Tube videos, my feeling is they really didn't know the answer to most questions I asked.

Thanks again
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Ahh, that makes more sense then.

So you just want it active while the button is pressed and actually held down manually ? Effectively the person is doing the latching.

Then yes, that is totally doable, just have ALS active via the switch. Of course it also means this is the only way it can be active....although I guess if you wanted it active at other times for longer durations you could have another latching switch in parallel with the momentary switch
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

must admit I'd never looked for a switch as an option, but it does give the option of both a latching and non latching in the setup. So all options can be covered.
In various cal select I just have it enabled as desired, and it's always enabled in "overall enable"
alslatch.jpg
alslatch.jpg (376.44 KiB) Viewed 9590 times