DCT Gearboxes

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
stevieturbo

DCT Gearboxes

Post by stevieturbo »

There are plug n play kits for cars with DCT transmission.

So are we at a stage where for swaps the Syvecs can control a DCT transmission directly without the need for external boxes, or re-wiring of the mechatronics of such boxes as some of the recent standalone controllers seem to require ?

If not, when ? ever ? I know Maxx ecu from Sweden have their system directly running the BMW DCT via CAN ( along with associated BMW shifter etc ).
So it is possible without additional hardware.

There has to be a huge market for this when these boxes are now becoming so commonplace, and they're efficient and strong ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: DCT Gearboxes

Post by TimH »

Here's a BMW DCT transplant using an S6+ (no doubt S7 these days) with the BMW shifter etc and no external boxes needed for
sure:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/ ... rsion.html
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Yea, seen it a few years ago, but details are sparse. And rightly as they've done the R&D, only available via them.

So not much use for others.

And their most recent BMW DCT swap/variant does use a standalone controller as opposed to directly ecu controlled. I was looking into this myself via the aforementioned options....but having to rip a box apart and re-wire the mechatronics to enable the controller to be used, isnt high on the desirable list.
The older box also seems to have different controls than the latest. Maxx ecu can only do the older one directly ( so far ).

But there are plug n play kits for cars with DCT boxes....so how are they operating ? Is the OEM ecu still in place and piggybacked to run the gearbox ? Other ?

With the inbuilt CAN/Mechatronics unit....surely it's largely a matter of decoding the CAN side of things to get them to work ?

And largely this applies to all modern transmissions, auto and DCT ? They are becoming very mainstream all over, so options will be needed.
rac

Post by rac »

stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

rac wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:01 pm https://htg-tuning.com/gcu/

Any use?
I'm very aware the HTG is the popular choice at present, and probably the best route.

But you'd think there would be non intrusive options readily available other than Maxxecu for non BMW cars, especially when there are plug n play kits for the factory cars that have the box.

There are pros and cons to each though