Launch Control Settings

stevieturbo

Re: Launch Control Settings

Post by stevieturbo »

Good result, it is all trial and error and adapting to make it easier to be more consistent.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

Sunday went even better with a 2.07 and a 2.09s 64ft in the 13.5C sunshine and using Pirelli Ultrasoft tyres.
My 0-60 was 2.9s

I was the quickest starter out of all the race cars on Sunday. I finished 6th both days and I'm now 3rd in the championship.

Very impressed. What a great launch system.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

I want to use LC in the wet. If I run a lower power calibration setting for the wet, which say limits boost to 1400mBar, do the LC manifold pressure targets override the calibration settings?

ie my manifold pressure targets are all set to 2000mBar across all the vehicle speed breakpoints, if I launch on a low power calibration map switch setting (CAL 4), does the car launch with 2000mBar or does the calibration override these settings?

Likewise, if I stick 3000mBar in the pressure targets, and the car was only calibrated up to 2500mBar, does that allow the engine to try and produce 3000mBar?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If you have a dedicated launch switch, then that will set the parameters or offsets. F88 Can do a dedicated Launch switch, so it would make sense to be using it

If you are using a combined Cal/LC switch then you'd need to ensure both are what you want for each position to cover both launch and Map Cal.

If all other settings are suitable to achieve 3000mbar, then yes it can try and achieve it assuming some cuts or safeties do not prevent it.

Whether your main tables are scaled up there or not...is down to you. Likewise for allowing such a high target if tables are not designed to be up there.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

It uses pedal position to enable LC

"If you are using a combined Cal/LC switch then you'd need to ensure both are what you want for each position to cover both launch and Map Cal."

I'll have another look.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

By switch, I mean calibration switch. Not activation.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

I'd used the LC switch to vary the engine rpm for launch, so position LCH01 is -500, LCH02 is -400, LCH3 -300, etc, but it looks like I'll be better off (for the wet) using the same switch to alter the MAP Target too. I can then reserve LCH01 to LCH05 for wet launches, with reduced boost, and when the LC turns off the boost remains reduced according to the CAL 2,3, or 4 switch position.

This gives me so much more flexibility than I realised. I'm sure I'll figure it all out soon.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

I had to adjust the MAP pressures in the launch setting to compensate for the addition of extra power, and with some more tweaks during the day managed some stunning launch times.

It doesn't sound very spectacular off the line, but it goes like a rocket. 0-115 in 7s in to the first corner on cold tyres is quite a rush. That's @supercarnigel reversing behind me in the orange Porsche, when he spotted all the stones stuck to my to rear tyres and decided he didn't want the PPF tested.

BTW Croft is amazing now with the new tarmac, but damn its a very bumpy track. The Touring cars visit soon, as will the F4 cars, so it'll be good to see how much quicker they can go on the new surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNT413W ... e=youtu.be
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

I was having issues this weekend, where the launch rpm setting was preventing the engine revving higher than 6000rpm and I was still getting Pit/Launch events up to 78mph despite the launch exit speed being 40mph. It was as if it was not exiting and limiting the revs at the value I'd set at the highest breakpoint speed of 45mph.

I tried dropping exit speed to 35mph but it still didn't exit until 70+mph.

What settings impact the exit speed?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

datalog will tell you if it was or wasnt, or what any cuts were