Launch Control activation

secure

Launch Control activation

Post by secure »

Is there anyway to activate Launch control without any assigned calswitch, pitswitch, launchswitch in the I/O config? I tried with no success.

Edit:
Firmware: 1.10.2
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Launch Control activation

Post by pat »

Hiya Cuneyt,

The launch control must be activated, so therefore it needs some kind of input. It cannot remain on all the time, because the ignition retard timeout starts counting down from the moment the strategy is activated. The way the strategy was originally coded was for LMP cars where the driver would manually arm the launch control, but this differs somewhat from road cars. We are looking at changing the strategy so that it can be activated and reset without any additional inputs, based on criteria such as road speed, engine speed, throttle position etc. We don't have a release schedule for this feature at the moment, therefore suggest the usual approach of assigning the launch control to the gearbox neutral switch; all of the PnP carriers route this signal to an input pin so it should be easy to configure. Use Calibration -> Comments to see the carrier board I/O wiring schedule (what it routes where).

Hope this helps,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

Pat,

Ok I'm gonna install a dedicated switch which is already in my mind. On the 1.13.1 release Launch controls activates but only cuts fuel not ignition retard. I can't make the trqignsev and trqignretard work. Even you set zero the fuel cut severity it does not retard the ignition.

Thanks
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Can you upload your map chap so i can have a look at it for you

Ryan
secure

Post by secure »

Thanks I have sorted it out.
It just needs to be programmed to take effect :D