Anti Lag Valve

Trickster

Anti Lag Valve

Post by Trickster »

Hi All

Just trying to think of ways to get some more air into my engine to increase the effectiveness of my anti lag, and because nothing is ever enough and I always have to be messing around with something!

Anyway, I dont really want to mess with my idle control and I dont have drive by wire (my idle valve doesnt flow enough air for antilag to be effective)

My ALS strategy currently uses the throttle bypass valve as the bypass duty effect.

Can I install an additional valve like a bosch 0280140545, or 2 in parallel and assign them to idle stepper control to have them independant of the idle system?

Thanks

Graeme
MR2 Turbo 5sgte 750hp 527ft/lb Syvecs S6
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Anti Lag Valve

Post by TimH »

I would imagine you would assign the new bypass valve to one of the throttle bypass output controls and set the ALS system to use that rather than the idle control valve, and leave the OEM idle valve for idle control.

I have seen those valves used before - but can't comment on whether you need 1 or 2.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Thanks for the reply Tim

I'll probably fit 2 to get plenty of air in, has anyone wired one of these valves up before? I assume you need all 3 connections, perhaps a 12v then a pwm for open and close?

Thanks

Graeme
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

A simple 2 wire might be easier ? they'd be either open or closed ? basically then a throttle jacker rather than an idle valve, so separate functions

Or some do use some sort of servo actuator to physically push the throttle linkage open ?

DBW does make it all soooo much easier and tuneable though
sicup2

Post by sicup2 »

My Evo has a bypass valve in use by the ALS. Its nothing fancy in that its a simple on-off solenoid which allows around an inch bore of air to enter.

Seems to work quite well and the simplicity makes it reliable.

Steve C
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Just thought I would do a follow up on this, I installed two 3 wire bosch valves, cost me 30 pounds for the pair, plus some mods to my manifold and pipework.

Got it idling nice and the antilag works really well even with just 65% bypass, it could probably do with some tweaking but I'll leave that for now as the engine is coming back out. Also ignore my messy wiring, all temporary!

Graeme