Syvecs Android App Chat - BETA Now Available!!!

For support and updates on the Syvecs Bluetooth module

Moderator: Wez

MM-Racing

Re: Syvecs Android App Chat - BETA Now Available!!!

Post by MM-Racing »

Hi Wes,

Do you remember about the odometer / milage counter counter we discussed at the autosport show 2015
be nice if you could have at least two where you can reset them or calibrate the milage in settings ?
Cheers
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

MM-Racing wrote:Hi Wes,

Do you remember about the odometer / milage counter counter we discussed at the autosport show 2015
be nice if you could have at least two where you can reset them or calibrate the milage in settings ?
Cheers
Hello, yes I do remember, I will look to get them added, a simple counter that can be manually altered and reset should be fairly trivial to add.

Are you using the iPad or Android version, I dont recall.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
MM-Racing

Post by MM-Racing »

Hi,

Been using Ipad but also have android so either is good

Thanks
Tidgy

Post by Tidgy »

Wez wrote:
Tidgy wrote:Data is coming through when the right setup is on there.
OK great, I am looking into ways that I can try and capture the crash you are experiencing.

Can you give me a little more detail on what happens or correct me if I understand it wrong.

Sounds like you load the app from a fresh install, configure your assignments, start the stream and assign gauges and this is working?

What happens between this and the crash?

Does killing the app off from running in the background and simply restarting not fix the issue, do you have to uninstall the app and reconfigure?
Yeah as soon as the assignments are setup it works as expected.

The glitch is just using the app, open the menu (for what ever reason), then it wont close. don't have to do a full reinstall, clearing all the cache will sort it, however you loose all the data so assignment settings as well, putting you back to square 1.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Tidgy wrote: Yeah as soon as the assignments are setup it works as expected.

The glitch is just using the app, open the menu (for what ever reason), then it wont close. don't have to do a full reinstall, clearing all the cache will sort it, however you loose all the data so assignment settings as well, putting you back to square 1.
Does it make any difference or is it more likely to happen if you are on the screen with more gauges on display?
Tidgy

Post by Tidgy »

Sorry for slow reply had some personal issues to deal with.

Didn't notice tbh. I'll have a play sometime this week and see if I can replicate it.
CT9A

Post by CT9A »

If I select custom can at datastream select I get an error, Calibration error: active custom datastream frames must be filled.
Any suggestions?
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

CT9A wrote:If I select custom can at datastream select I get an error, Calibration error: active custom datastream frames must be filled.
Any suggestions?
In sCal?

If so you make sure all data frames are configured under custom CAN / frame content.

If there are any unused frames then select SPARE.
leike

Post by leike »

Just ordered the bluetootht module for my syvecs s6.

Now i already downloaded the app on my mobile for android, but i've noticed it's really different than the Iphone app. what i have seen on the youtube video's
But the choices in tablet-size are a lot greater with the android OS than the IOS from Apple.
It;s easier to find the right fit for my dashboard,

Are the updates scheduled for the android app. Or is the IOS platform the best developed at the moment.

Are there's updates planned for customized lay-outs and background, like motec does with the display creator.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Which Beta release are you using as the later version already includes changeable backgrounds.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=662

The plan is to add more gauge types and custom layouts.