Configurable Speed Output and maybe EHPS control?

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
jezzpalmer

Configurable Speed Output and maybe EHPS control?

Post by jezzpalmer »

Hello,

I'm not sure what the demand for this would be but is it possible to have a configurable speed output, much like the Tacho Output, that would allow you to transpose the vehicle speed to a number of pulses per kph/mph?

And perhaps less demand for this, but an output configurable to control electro-hydraulic PAS. I'm probably going to use the Alternator Control output for this to turn on the pump above cranking revs and above a minimum VBat.

Cheers,
Jezz.
stevieturbo

Re: Configurable Speed Output and maybe EHPS control?

Post by stevieturbo »

PAS you could probably do via the diff control output.

Or as it as a vehicle speed base too, you could probably use it to drive a speedo ( with suitable pullups if needed )

Not both at once though

Or maybe use some of the nitrous or auto trans features for the steering ?
jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

Bit of a delay in replying. :oops:

I've had a look at using the diff strategy but it's PWM output (fixed frequency, variable duty) for my application I need an output where the frequency changes with speed a-la the tacho output, but using road speed rather than engine speed.

I'm using the Toyota MR-S hydro-electric PAS pump, which is a pretty clever beast so doesn't need much control from the ECU; the only input it requires really is a speed signal, it then regulates the assistance based on speed.
The problem I have is the native speed sources I have (ABS or gearbox) are both too high frequency, meaning the PAS will be shutting down before any sensible speed is reached.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If you already have a working speed signal from something...

http://www.jaycar.co.uk/productView.asp ... rm=KEYWORD
jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

Thanks Steve, was looking at using the Dakota Digital SGI-5, but it's a bit spendy and a not that easy to get hold of.
I'll order one of these today and see how it goes, it would still be nice to be able to use an ECU output.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

jezzpalmer wrote:Thanks Steve, was looking at using the Dakota Digital SGI-5, but it's a bit spendy and a not that easy to get hold of.
I'll order one of these today and see how it goes, it would still be nice to be able to use an ECU output.

I agree it would be nice to have one or two generic aux outputs that you could build your own table for even if only from a small selection of parameters as you can do with most Motecs.

Looking at things again. What about maybe using some of the automatic gearbox controls ?

They will rely on speed inputs and have outputs based around those. There are a lot of options though so not sure how you would configure it but there is bound to be a way.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

The new Firmware for S6 has a Trip meter option built in which will do for Speedo output aswell

It is currently in beta and i will PM it to you to test