new to all of this

hagar

Re: new to all of this

Post by hagar »

right.
norton says the latest software is not safe and deletes it, if norton is switched off it will download but then claims it doesn't install properly and you should use settings that are compatible with this version of windows. not for windows 7 then. i say again, is there a windows 7 version of this software out there?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

All versions, including the latest, work 100% OK on my Win 7 64 bit laptop. Have run it with AVG and/or Windows Defender without issue.
hagar

Post by hagar »

does it have to be installed in any sort of compatability mode
hagar

Post by hagar »

and any ideas why norton sees it as a virus and deletes it straight away
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I have never had to use compatability mode, no. As for why Norton objects I'll have to defer to Syvecs on that one I'm afraid.
hagar

Post by hagar »

update -

she pretty much fired up first time and seems to have tuned itself from very smokey to looking good within a few seconds of starting up.

http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/rkill ... sort=3&o=0

and

http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/hagar ... 8.mp4.html

very happy with the results, so long as you take your time on the wiring it's not so bad*

*an observation made after hearing it start for the first time as opposed to half way through the job convinced that madness is preferable to even more wiring!
C. Ludwig

Post by C. Ludwig »

Congrats! Just had the first startup on our first Syvecs install a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the ECU so far.
hagar

Post by hagar »

happy for you dude!

now my wiring problems are over it is just the dark side i have to face now, you know, THAT DARK SIDE, the DVLA!

i have had 3 emails saying "search your feelings luke" and one saying "your supra has not been sorned for the last 8 years, i guess it's the dark side for me as even gutterdwellers have standards after all?
hagar

Post by hagar »

car legal and running. since running i have found many faults but they are not engine related and am working my way through them, they are many but i will prevail.
hagar

Post by hagar »

will the plug gaps be different by using a syvecs system or will it be the same as before?