Sview Track map and power measurements

secure

Sview Track map and power measurements

Post by secure »

Hi all

How do we import a track map to the Sview software? What is the right file format? Would it be possible to import GPX or KMZ format? I am also wondering if it would be possible to log GPS sensor. Probably not..

Regarding for the math formulas... There is good write up about measuring power from Sview written by Pat but I couldnt make it work.
http://www.syvecs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... d0e10#p336

Where do we enter the formulas? I select Math-New and enter GearRatio it says 'Unrecognised Token' but it accepts 'Gear' as a value there. I didnt understand how it works :/

Cheers!
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Sview Track map and power measurements

Post by pat »

secure,

Trackmaps are saved in .ST format, in a TrackMaps directory. They can be created from datalogs if the datalog contains sufficient information... you'de need at least vehicleSpeed and latG to be able to draw a track map, a lap beacon would also be a useful thing :) If you load a datalog that contains enough information you can then do TrackMap -> Make and choose which lap to use etc...

Not sure what problem you are having with the math functions, but perhaps I confused things a little in so far as I wrote the function on a single line when they need to be input separately, that is to say that you put gearRatio in the Name field and then the rest (without the = sign) in the Expression box. Also note that variables are case sensitive, Gear is not the same as gear !

Hope this helps,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

Ok sorted the power(totalpower) is now 2200 kw :oops:
gearRatio (10Hz)
(gear==3?3.636:1) * (gear==4?2.375:1) * (gear==5?1.521:1) * (gear==6?1.137:1) * (gear==7?0.971:1) * (gear==8?0.756:1)
Transmission is MY07 six speed so I made some adjustments for sixth gear.
3.9 Front 3.54 R160 so it is 1.1:1.

rpmSpeed (50Hz)
(((rpm / gearRatio) / 3.9) * 2.00182 / 60)
No problems seems here as the tyre value is in meter format.
accel (50Hz)
filter(derivative(rpmSpeed),0.9)
as is
power (50Hz)
(accel * 1380 * rpmSpeed) / 1000
vehicle mass makes a lot differences here. Is it kilogram? If so 1380 is right for my car.
drag (50Hz)
(0.5 * 1.380 * pow(rpmSpeed, 2) * 0.34 * 2.01) * rpmSpeed / 1000
I also entered 1380 kg here.
totalPower (50Hz)
(power + drag)
as is.

I actually got the idea how math functions works. May be I should try another formula :/
Thanks!
Cuneyt
secure

Post by secure »

pat wrote:secure,

Trackmaps are saved in .ST format, in a TrackMaps directory. They can be created from datalogs if the datalog contains sufficient information... you'de need at least vehicleSpeed and latG to be able to draw a track map, a lap beacon would also be a useful thing :) If you load a datalog that contains enough information you can then do TrackMap -> Make and choose which lap to use etc...

Pat.
Make track function does not seem to work as there is enough data in the log. Also Sview.exe stops working when adding a beacon.
Attachments
2013-05-26 12-18-40 S6#0167.SD
Korfez Track
(373.99 KiB) Downloaded 1046 times