Syvecs, Canbus and Dash2.

greeny

Syvecs, Canbus and Dash2.

Post by greeny »

Hi all,

I'm running the S6 on a 3sgte/MR2 and im looking to get a Dash2 soon and feed it via the canbus.

What i'm wondering is what info is available to be fed via the canbus to the dash2?

My plan is to feed 4 EGT signals to the syvecs, one directly and the others via 3 amp's, which output 0-5v linear from 0-1250'c, using some of the spare inputs.

Does anyone know whether i'l then be able to re-name these in the syvecs & dash2 to EGT#1,2,3 & 4?

This a list of things i'm looking to feed into the syvecs and then the dash2,

4 x EGT's,
3 x Map sensors, 2 for Exhaust back pressure and one for manifold,
Oil Pressure,
Fuel pressure,
Oil temp,
Water temp,
Lambda/AFR,

So can someone explain to me if it's possible to re-name the signals and what signals are available via the canbus, or is there a list of whats available?

Many thanks,

Michael.

Edit, the reasons for asking is that i was speaking to someone today that runs a link and dash2 using the canbus and he was unable to re-name any of the inputs etc.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: Syvecs, Canbus and Dash2.

Post by Wez »

You can define the CAN output on the Syvecs, CAN input on the CAN adapter and titles/names on the Dash2 how ever you like :)

To be more clear, the name on the syvecs and can adapter dont matter, as in the Dash configuration you just select the channel and give it a label.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
greeny

Post by greeny »

Thanks Wez,

I expected to be able to do so, but wanted first hand confirmation.

Cheers.
fortran

Post by fortran »

Can someone post the full list of parameters that the Dash2 display can read out of the ecu? from a S6GP to be precise....
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

fortran wrote:Can someone post the full list of parameters that the Dash2 display can read out of the ecu? from a S6GP to be precise....
There are too many to list, if you load sCal and then goto datastreams, custom can, content. Now click on one of the content cells it will bring up a list of what can be sent via the can bus to the Dash2, all you have to do is then configure the Dash2 and Can Adapter to display the information ;)
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs