Analog sensor Ref voltage

tpepmeie

Analog sensor Ref voltage

Post by tpepmeie »

Is the Syvecs/Life Reference voltage output regulated to exactly 5v, or is it 5.1+ like on some GM ECU's? Doing some math on sensor linearizations and this is a variable.
Thanks,
todd
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Analog sensor Ref voltage

Post by TimH »

Just measured an S6 here at it's 5.03V so I would say 5V ±a few % tolerance for the regulator
tpepmeie

Post by tpepmeie »

I measured at the AN Ref pin on my Life F88, and got 5.28 ish. I realize there may be some voltage drop after that due to the harness, etc. Thought maybe the guys from Syvecs could tell us exactly what the regulator is set to provide for AN Ref.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I've never measured it...but I do notice on some sensor readings, for the first 30s or so after startup, they're a little off

Even stranger my ECT seems to track MAP to a small degree under load, rising and falling as it does. lol

Havent had a chance to investigate why. No doubt it's my wiring !
tpepmeie

Post by tpepmeie »

ttt

Ryan or Pat,
Does the internal value of VREF impact the sensor linearization tables? I'm measuring more than 5v on the reference pin, so should I make the linearization match that value at max?
Or am I overthinking this? I have GM sensor linearization curves, trying to convert to Syvecs/LR tables.
Thanks.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

stevieturbo wrote:I've never measured it...but I do notice on some sensor readings, for the first 30s or so after startup, they're a little off

Even stranger my ECT seems to track MAP to a small degree under load, rising and falling as it does. lol

Havent had a chance to investigate why. No doubt it's my wiring !
As an update to my last comment there. I did test MAP sensor with temp etc all plugged in. And they do remain rock solid at all MAP readings, so any rises etc were clearly correct ( Although never did investigate the first 30s readings )