Digital Dash

jura11

Digital Dash

Post by jura11 »

Hi guys i'm looking to buy digital dash,but don't which one will be best and which will work with Syvecs via RS232.
If someone have any experience with those digital dash systems like Stack,Dash 2 or AIM Pista MXL please let me know

Thanks for any help,Jura
PQatPIT

Re: Digital Dash

Post by PQatPIT »

GEMS LDS4 is very good, see: http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id ... er-display

Not the easiest to configure right but once it's done it is heaven :)
jura11

Post by jura11 »

PQatPIT wrote:GEMS LDS4 is very good, see: http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id ... er-display

Not the easiest to configure right but once it's done it is heaven :)

Thanks there,but little bit expensive dash system and really i'm not looking spend these money for this.Stack ST8100 or Race Technology seems are good for money

Again thanks for your input

Jura
ders

Post by ders »

Rather than open a new topic, I thought I would add to this one since it's relevant.

I am in the market for a digital dash, choice remains undecided at the moment. It will however be linked up to an S6GP ECU with all sensors running via the Syvecs.

Race Technology Dash 2 has capability to utilize the Syvecs custom CAN, the remaining other options out there seem to only have Stack stream capability over RS232.

Are there any obvious disadvantages or limitations with RS232 v's custom CAN or is this a non issue?
jura11

Post by jura11 »

ders wrote:Rather than open a new topic, I thought I would add to this one since it's relevant.

I am in the market for a digital dash, choice remains undecided at the moment. It will however be linked up to an S6GP ECU with all sensors running via the Syvecs.

Race Technology Dash 2 has capability to utilize the Syvecs custom CAN, the remaining other options out there seem to only have Stack stream capability over RS232.

Are there any obvious disadvantages or limitations with RS232 v's custom CAN or is this a non issue?
Hi there

I'm running now couple of months RT DASH 2 via Custom CAN,everything working,except the Fuel level,but this can be easily sorted,just we need to swap fuel sensor for OE,seems aftermarket AutoMeter Fuel level sensor doesn't work as should

This RT Dash 2 should work with RS232,not sure on limitations,but Dash 2 working well via Custom CAN

Jura
ders

Post by ders »

I will probably end up with some more R&D or R$D as some like to put it lol ;)

AIM for example refer to using a Stack stream over RS232 and not over CAN which suggests they never implemented the protocol. They do however list native CAN support for the Life Racing F88, which is essentially the same hardware and has an almost ideltical overlay.

I was considering an MXL Strada and what I'm wondering is, if the Syvecs has a custom CAN, can it be tweeked to mimic the Life Racing F88 protocol that is supported over CAN.
Paul Doyle

Post by Paul Doyle »

ders wrote:I will probably end up with some more R&D or R$D as some like to put it lol ;)

AIM for example refer to using a Stack stream over RS232 and not over CAN which suggests they never implemented the protocol. They do however list native CAN support for the Life Racing F88, which is essentially the same hardware and has an almost ideltical overlay.

I was considering an MXL Strada and what I'm wondering is, if the Syvecs has a custom CAN, can it be tweeked to mimic the Life Racing F88 protocol that is supported over CAN.
The AIM MXL ranges work with the Syvecs ECU using the Life Racing F88 CAN protocol.

Having used MXL dashes and seen a few different dashes integrated to Syvecs, if its just a display you need (rather than a logger) then I believe the fully configuable Race Technology Dash 4 is hard to beat for functionality