Audi RS2 settings

fortran

Audi RS2 settings

Post by fortran »

Hello guys! As usual, would be too easy a PnP in a Subaru so the new task is to fit a S6GP in a Audi 5 cylinder turbo. Can be done? Thanks to all :D
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: Audi RS2 settings

Post by Ryan.g »

Anything is possible!

Done an audi 1.8turbo engine on a s6 already and i believe all the audi use the same trigger patterns around that age group.

Ryan
fortran

Post by fortran »

Unfortunatly the 5 cylinder uses a 135 theeth crank!!!! And a sync signal for sequential fuel. Do you think the S6 can manage it?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

What is the size of the trigger wheel. Does it use the flywheel?

If so wont be a problem. If it is a problem we will get it fixed via a firmware update
fortran

Post by fortran »

The trigger wheel is inside the block, there are 135 theet and a second VR sensor is reading a pin in the wheel 62 degrees BTDC cylinder 1. Is not secuential of course, my mistake. Which is the best way to go?
By the way you said you used the s6gp in a wv 1.8 turbo engine, have you got a base map for it? Mine is still waiting me to finish the loom....
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

When im back in the office i will look into abit more for you but either way it can be done im sure.

E-mail me for base map of 1.8T Ryan@syvecs.co.uk

Although i will be adding lots of base maps and info to this site very soon.

Ryan
black

Post by black »

I just dig out this old thread....

Audi 1.8T is not the same as Audi RS2 Trigger.
Audi 1.8T Trigger is a 60-2 Trigger wheel direkt fitted to the crankshaft inside the oil pan.

Audi RS2 has a 3 Trigger pattern

135 teeth on flywheel for rpm (first reluctor)
one additional PIN on Flywheel for TDC mark (second reluctor)
one hall sensor on exhaust camshaft for camshaft sync.
Motronic detects the right ignition phase when the trigger signal of the single pin at the flywheel hits the trigger signal of the camshaft hall trigger at the same time.

So here is the question: Can this RS2 pattern be run by syvecs S6? Any experience?
KulinPapa

Post by KulinPapa »

I suggest better solution, simply use the later simmering-type 60-2 trigger from a newer audi engine, and the original cam trigger. This works much better.
black

Post by black »

yes, I know - we use this on some S2 cars - but beside this, it would be interesting if it could be done with 135th