solaris vs vista

dynamix

solaris vs vista

Post by dynamix »

just a quick heads up for anyone else that encounters this issue.

I had to buy a new laptop as my old faithful mapping laptop's psu decided to die this week and the new laptop is vista. The new laptop is vista so a little strange anyway but did the solaris install and it would open up cal files etc but when i tried to connect to the ecu it woul not see the ethernet connector.

Solution was to re-install solaris and it did the ethernet driver correctly and saw the ecu first time.

Thanks to Pat for words of advise again.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: solaris vs vista

Post by Wez »

Solaris software also runs on Windows 7 64bit but not tried connecting the ECU yet.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
Jolly Green Monster

Post by Jolly Green Monster »

had similar issue Duncan but fixed itself I believe once all the windows updates were downloaded..

only issue I now get which has been mentioned elsewhere and is liveable with.. if the lappy goes into hibernation when you come back out it will not connect and you have to reboot.. Life Server dies I believe

Simon
dynamix

Post by dynamix »

Yeah that is a very annoying one.

Only thing I have done to stop it is stop the laptop going to sleep when I close the lid. Fine while connected to power but if running on battery it will eventually run out and go into hibernation.