Downshift Gear Cut

Jman

Downshift Gear Cut

Post by Jman »

I have two buttons configured to paddle upshift and downshift within SCal. The issue I am having is that the gear cut is not working for downshifts. The parameter "gearCutRequest" is not activating for some reason. Both the cut enable engine speed and throttle position values are correct, so I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. I have attached the relative SView file. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Downshift gear cut.JPG
Downshift gear cut.JPG (195.15 KiB) Viewed 15006 times
stevieturbo

Re: Downshift Gear Cut

Post by stevieturbo »

gear cut's apply to upshifts.

gear blip, ie throttle blip apply to downshifts

A power cut isnt required for a downshift
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

You may actually require a cut for a downshift, if you are under power! Later firmware versions have this option, and it works well.

I would advise thought that full gearbox control is not something for beginners to set up.

A few questions:

This is an S8 right?
And it is an S8 with full gear control yes?
And you are on the latest firmware?

In order to set up full gear control you will need to tweak the logging config and make use of the burst logging on gear shift, I would log GearV at 500hz during a shift until you know what's going on.

Downshift cut is dictated by a tps threshold, it only cuts when trying to downshift over a certain TPS, otherwise it will blip.
Jman

Post by Jman »

Thank you for your replies. Yes this is an S8 and the firmware version is 1.527, which is not the latest. My apologies, I should have clarified earlier.

The gear shifting setup is a pneumatic system for a GSXR motorcycle engine. The upshift and downshift outputs within SCal are wired to two separate solenoids that receive pressure from an air canister. This actuates a cylinder attached to the gear shaft on the engine in both directions for either upshifting or downshifting.

Upshifting works very well with the shift cut, but downshifting is erratic as there is no shift cut occurring; the engine sometimes has trouble going into gear even though the solenoid is firing. Does the newest firmware (1.551) have the separate option for a downshift cut? In 1.527 I see no differentiation between up and downshift: there is only one RPM and TPS limit under the gear cut menu.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Grab the latest firmware and you will see on the Cut Enable now it can be set on GearShiftDirection now

Time and cut amounts can be adjusted also depending on shift direction
Jman

Post by Jman »

Good news gentlemen, the issue has been solved. The "downshift under power" parameters were not set correctly so the ECU was always trying to blip instead of cut. Since the car does not have a blip motor, I configured the under power settings such that the car would always be downshifting under power. It now cuts beautifully every time. Thank you all for the help!