When to use S4C or S6GP/S6 PnP?

Jasper K

When to use S4C or S6GP/S6 PnP?

Post by Jasper K »

Pat,

Could you please enlighten me. From my understanding I should use a S6GP for ALL road vehicles except if there is a S6 PnP version available which would be easier as no wiring needs to be changed. When however would it be beneficial to use a S4C? I don't really understand where the S4C has it's benefits.

Here in Taiwan mostly the following cars are modified:

- Honda Civic/Integra/Accord
- Nissan Pulsar/Silvia/Skyline
- Audi A4
- VW Gti/R32
- Subaru Impreza/Forester
- Toyota Supra/SC300

Could I always get away with a S6 on those?

Also I think it would be good if you guys could set up some kind of comparison between Solaris and other ECUs like Motec M800 PnP, etc. so more customers can see and realise the differences. Hope you can get me a bit more background info! Well appreciated.

Cheers,

Jasper.
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Re: When to use S4C or S6GP/S6 PnP?

Post by Charlie »

Hi Jasper,

The S4C is actually more expensive than the S6, this is due to the fact that it can drive coils directly and has a hermetically sealed billit ali case which is not cheap! For almost all road car applications we would recommend an S6, although it lacks those features it is the better speced of the 2 ECU's. The S4C is more a motorsport ECU, the S6 is more road car biased. The S8C of coarse has the best of both ECU's and much more!

All the cars listed will in theory run on an S6.

I've actually got the spec lists of Motec etc here on my desk, and the news is good. The Solaris range rocks compared to other ecu's!

Seriously, its a good idea, and i will think about how best to implement some kind of comparison chart.

Cheers,

Charlie.