Hi

dynamix

Hi

Post by dynamix »

Just thought I would pop by and say hi.

Currently investigating ecus for my 2006 DBW Impreza Sti and from what Pat says this seems to fit the bill.

I cant seem to see any pricing details though or info regarding how straightforward the ecu swap would be. Is a PnP option available for this car to use existing ecu wiring/sensors?
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Hi

Post by pat »

Is a PnP option available for this car to use existing ecu wiring/sensors?
It's on the "to be validated" list. What that means is that fundamentally it should work, will be supported as a PnP version, but the wiring schedule is awaiting final validation. This step is necessary due to errors in the OEM wiring diagrams. If you look at MY92 Subaru they list ignition outputs in firing sequence rather than cylinder sequence, whereas injectors are listed in cylinder sequence. If you look at MY97 Subaru the MAP sensor is completely missing from the pinout, as is the Intercooler Water Spray. If you look at MY01 you see impossible pins; something is listed as being on pin 23 of a 16 pin connector if memory serves!

Until an MY06 DBW car has been run on an S6GP it is impossible to tell whether Subaru's wiring diagrams are indeed correct, and therefore it would be foolish to base a vehicle interface board on that wiring diagram! MY06- DBW OEM connectors are in the post, and it won't take long to make a test loom adapter to run an S6GP. S6PnP for MY06-07 DBW should be available within 8 weeks or thereabouts.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Post by Charlie »

Retail price of the S6 PnP is £1199 with the basic knock control included.

S6 GP Retail price is £1249 again with basic knock control included.

Full knock control option on the S6 is £125. (this is the only option on our ecu's. Every other feature we advertise is included in the price!)

S4C Retail is £1399.

S8C Retail is £2499 (full knock included)

All prices ex VAT.
dynamix

Post by dynamix »

pat wrote:
Is a PnP option available for this car to use existing ecu wiring/sensors?
It's on the "to be validated" list. What that means is that fundamentally it should work, will be supported as a PnP version, but the wiring schedule is awaiting final validation. This step is necessary due to errors in the OEM wiring diagrams. If you look at MY92 Subaru they list ignition outputs in firing sequence rather than cylinder sequence, whereas injectors are listed in cylinder sequence. If you look at MY97 Subaru the MAP sensor is completely missing from the pinout, as is the Intercooler Water Spray. If you look at MY01 you see impossible pins; something is listed as being on pin 23 of a 16 pin connector if memory serves!

Until an MY06 DBW car has been run on an S6GP it is impossible to tell whether Subaru's wiring diagrams are indeed correct, and therefore it would be foolish to base a vehicle interface board on that wiring diagram! MY06- DBW OEM connectors are in the post, and it won't take long to make a test loom adapter to run an S6GP. S6PnP for MY06-07 DBW should be available within 8 weeks or thereabouts.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Pat - if you need a guinea pig .....

OEM Pin out diagrams are wrong unless you can get hold of the motec ones which are correct from what I have seen.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Pat - if you need a guinea pig .....
Might just take you up on that :)

FWIW, the DBW throttle has now been tested and a set of control parameters that get a slightly underdamped response to step inputs but that track "normal" pedal travel dynamics with critical damping are on file, albeit they were tested on a throttle body off a vehicle and thus would not be affected by manifold vacuum / pressure, so it WILL need additional setup time on a live engine.

Regards,

Pat.
dynamix

Post by dynamix »

Is there a similar mechanism to the OE requested torque (accel angle vs rpm) and throttle plate vs requested torque tables?

I am off now for a week over to the 'ring but definitely will speak when I return - thanks.
Jasper K

Post by Jasper K »

Hi Duncan!!

I see you are roaming about on here as well. The requested torque tables in the OE ECU do exactly that. If you increase the requested torque you might not reach your target throttle plate angle anymore. I have tested this on a Forester which throttle was not opening completely. I initially thought I needed MORE requested torque to open the throttle but the effect was exactly the opposite. Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Jasper.

PS. I'm going to open another thread now as I don't want to hijack yours :mrgreen:
dynamix

Post by dynamix »

pat wrote:

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Any progress on this now Pat or should I chat with Paul?