How to view actual vs commanded cam timing??

Nitrorocket

How to view actual vs commanded cam timing??

Post by Nitrorocket »

Could anybody please point me out to what I should do to view actual versus commanded camshaft timing?

I looked through all the menus but I don’t see anything real definitive on where to view commanded. I just want to make sure the cam timing has no issues and is operating correctly.

Thanks for any help.
Slowie

Re: How to view actual vs commanded cam timing??

Post by Slowie »

Commanded cam angles would be vvtInTarg and vvtExTarg, for Intake and Exhaust cams targets respectively.

To view the figures in SCal whilst running, press G, then A, and search for "vvt" in the list, then add the two items above to your display.

You can also add vvt1In, vvt2In, vvt1Ex and vvt2Ex to see the actual live value.

Or you can use vvt1InErr, vvt2InErr, vvt1ExErr and vvt2ExErr to view the error in cam position, expressed as an angle. As long as these hover around 0 or as close to, cams are tracking target correctly.
Nitrorocket

Post by Nitrorocket »

Thank you!! I’ll try that out. Also, is there a way to view that info on a previous log that I have if I did not have those already added to the display?
Slowie

Post by Slowie »

Those parameters will all be available in old logs, if they are configured to be logged on your ECU.

Logging parameters are set using the SCfg software.