Cannot connect via ethernet

dr_jones

Cannot connect via ethernet

Post by dr_jones »

Hi All - A new and fairly unwelcome gremlin has reared its ugly head today.

After going to the latest Software Suite (05-12-2016) - though this may well be entirely coincidental.

http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/SyvecsS ... -12-02.exe

I am now unable to connect to my ECU via ethernet - error message "There are no devices available" within SCal - but oddly I can see there is a connection as there is a ip addr on the network adaptor in question.

Have swapped out network cables and performed a connectivity test on the ethernet port to the ECU - oh and three different laptops.

Next up is trying lo locate the previous version of the Software Suite.

I'm on 1.74 of the firmware and the car is still starting and running so I know the ECU is 'alive'!

And suggestions would be greatly welcome....
ciphermonk

Re: Cannot connect via ethernet

Post by ciphermonk »

This doesn't sounds like a similar issue I ran into where one of the ethernet pins on the ECU side had backed out just enough to cause a connectivity problem. You haven't moved the ECU or wiring harness so unlikely that this is physical layer.

I would say try going back to the older version of Scal and see if that helps.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And does any other software work/communicate properly ?

SMon, SCfg, SData ?

Did you just do new software or also flash in latest firmware too ? Your post implies the latter which would mean you had to have comms to perform the flash and subsequent upgrade to latest firmware to allow the engine to run ?
dr_jones

Post by dr_jones »

Hi all,

No no other s/w is functional either.

I went to v1.74 a week or so ago but with the previous version of the software suite (SyvecsSetup-Generic-2016-11-11) - and all was fine at that point - I've been taking multitudinous logs to try and sort my wideband woes out.

Today was planned to be the swap to Lambda #2 to try and nail down the problem - but the I hit this issue.

Have just reverted to the previous Ssuite and unfortunately no joy.

Think I'll go back and check all connections again one last time...
dr_jones

Post by dr_jones »

Culprit was some sloppy crimping on the ethernet pins in ECU end plug. Now re-crimped and soldered. Nothing at all to do with S/W versions.