Idle controll (2 wire TBV)

dr_jones

Idle controll (2 wire TBV)

Post by dr_jones »

Can anyone tell me how I am able to disable closed loop control for tbv based idle control? - I'd imagined I 'd set 'Enable Vehicle Speed' to zero and as there wouldn't be a <0 speed closed loop would never be initiated.

However - closed loop does still appear to be there at least for a while after startup - I'm fairly sure of this as I'm getting rpm oscillation / hunting for a period after startup until the engine dies.

If I have 'Enable Vehicle Speed' >0 then it just remains hunting but slowly jacks up the rpm (which is the current problem I'm trying to figure).

I read here:

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... f4a8#p3386

About a outline of how to start configuring idle control....

-Ed.
stevieturbo

Re: Idle controll (2 wire TBV)

Post by stevieturbo »

dr_jones wrote:Can anyone tell me how I am able to disable closed loop control for tbv based idle control? - I'd imagined I 'd set 'Enable Vehicle Speed' to zero and as there wouldn't be a <0 speed closed loop would never be initiated.

However - closed loop does still appear to be there at least for a while after startup - I'm fairly sure of this as I'm getting rpm oscillation / hunting for a period after startup until the engine dies.

If I have 'Enable Vehicle Speed' >0 then it just remains hunting but slowly jacks up the rpm (which is the current problem I'm trying to figure).

I read here:

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... f4a8#p3386

About a outline of how to start configuring idle control....

-Ed.
If you dont want it to do anything, you could just unassign the output.

Or just reduce any controlling actions of the valve to zero. so the valve wont actually do anything in response to idle changes.
dr_jones

Re: Idle controll (2 wire TBV)

Post by dr_jones »

Thanks!