Question on C4 ground

dr_jones

Question on C4 ground

Post by dr_jones »

Hi - Just been familiarizing myself with the S6Plus Pinouts and Wiring pdf.

There *seems* to be a contradictory statement relating to pin C4:

...Under the "Connecting Power" section we have C4 listed as a Power Ground with the note:

"NOTE! Power Grounds are designed to conduct High Current loads – Do not mix Power Grounds with Analogue (AN) Grounds."

...Under the "Sensor/ Analogue Grounds (AN Grounds)" section we again have C4 listed with the note:

"these grounds must be kept separate from the Power grounds shown in the first section"

...Am I missing something of is this an error in the document? I **think** C4 is a true AN Ground as that how my adapter loom from Pat @ Syvecs is wired.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Question on C4 ground

Post by TimH »

Logically, I would say it's an analogue ground - with 99% certainty - as the C connector is all analogue signals. But a definitive answer from Syvecs would be useful - I've just looked through the various GP+ schedules I have for loom adapters and some have C4 as a power ground, some as analogue :shock:
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

In the actual instruction manual for the Syvecs, C1 and C4 are listed as power ANGrounds, so there must be an error somewhere. All the C's seem to be sensor related, with the B's being the power related items.

C2 and C3 are listed as the sensor grounds here. Which may not be correct ?

Image deleted to avoid confusion
Last edited by stevieturbo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Sorry for confusion guys, i have updated all the online content.

C1 is Knock Ground, C4 is Sensor Ground
dr_jones

Post by dr_jones »

Ah - great - thanks!