Traction Control Menu - unavailable.

dr_jones

Traction Control Menu - unavailable.

Post by dr_jones »

Hi - I'm just running through the software to to try and get at lease a basic understanding of it's functionality relating to the S6Plus - I'm using the latest current software / firmware (Scal v2.15.9 and the SwVer 1.69.X).

I was hoping to work through the Traction Control section with a new cal - but no menu for TC can seen - does anyone know is this hidden for some reason in a fresh cal or has it been removed/renamed etc etc.

Just can;t find it anywhere!

-Ed.
stevieturbo

Re: Traction Control Menu - unavailable.

Post by stevieturbo »

upload your cal ?

You arent in basic view or anything like that where you can hide some functions ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I vaguely remember that SCal will only show some functions that are (were?) optional, if there's an ECU connected with those functions enabled? Something like that anyway?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And weird...latest software of Scal on mine says 2.15.34 ?

That's the 11 July 2016 file ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

If I open a new Cal I get no Traction Control options.

If I open a Cal that already has traction control defined, the options are there.

We need Syvecs to comment!
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

This is normal behaviour.

When SCal generates a new file it will do so without any flags set. Historically, Traction Control was not a "standard" feature and hence has to be enabled by the "T" flag. All ECUs are supplied with the "T" flag set so when talking to a real ECU, SCal will see the T flag and will show the traction control section. If a file is then saved and later loaded again then you will still see the traction section - local copies remember what flags are set.

This can cause issues though. If you have a file off a recent ECU (now that ALL ECUs have the advanced Knock Control by default) and that file is applied to an earlier ECU without the "K" flag set, then the ECU will refuse to boot. It is simple to fix that though - just reset the knock parameters to default and then import the visible parts from a pastecal.

Hope this helps,

Pat.