Bosch LSU 4.9 Lambda Sensor

TimR

Bosch LSU 4.9 Lambda Sensor

Post by TimR »

Hi,
I want to connect a Bosch LSU 4.9 lambda probe to the S6Plus but I don’t know how to setup the heater. Currently, I have 30 s full power heating and then constant 10 V driver voltage, the Pin Assignment for Lambda Heater 1 is Slave1 Out9. However it says no signal.

Does anyone run a LSU 4.9 and can help me?

Thanks a lot!
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Bosch LSU 4.9 Lambda Sensor

Post by pat »

Hello Tim!

A couple of quick notes on LSU control on S6GPPlus...

There are two implementations of the heater control depending on which firmware your S6GPPlus is running. Both require that you assign the Lambda sensor input to Slave Analogue 8, so you should do that regardless.

Next, there are two versions of the heater control - the first requires that you assign Slave Analogue 9 to an input such as Load Cell 1 - you then connect Brake By Wire #1 to Slave Output 9 to control the heater. You cannot use the normal "Lambda Heater" strategy on an LSU sensor since it needs closed loop control of the heater current and that is not present in the "Lambda Heater" strategy. The Slave Analogue 9 input reads the internal cell resistance of the sensor. If memory serves you need to target about 0.7 volts. If you define 0V as 0% and 5V as 100% on Load Cell 1 then your duty curve will then be at 100% duty for 100% load cell, dropping to around 40% duty at 14% Load Cell, and on to 0% duty at 0% load cell. At first, you will read a high internal resistance, so you need full heater drive. As the cell warms up, the cell resistance drops and so too does the heater drive etc.

The second version has autonomous heater control in the S6GPPlus carrier. You do NOT assign a lambda heater at all with this version. Instead, choosing BIPOLAR input type for the Slave Analogue 8 tells the S6GPPlus that it must take over control of LAM1HTR. You should find that if you try to assign anything to Slave Out 9, it will refuse to accept the config and the slave link will not come up. This is a simple test to check which version you have - if your S6GPPlus accepts something on Slave Out 9 when you have Lambda 1 on Slave Analoge 8 configured as BIPOLAR then you have the non-autonomous version.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

That really want's an option to just sort all that out for you!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And a bigger nightmare if you needed 2 of them ! lol
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Is really straight forward now with the Latest firmware 1.64+

Email support@syvecs.com for base map for this is needed