sensors for an r35 gtr

Hodge

sensors for an r35 gtr

Post by Hodge »

Hi Guys
Im going to fit an S6plus to my GTR over the winter with a Toucan display.
What is included with the GTR kit and what additional sensors are recommended.

Cheers
John
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: sensors for an r35 gtr

Post by TimH »

Well, since no one else has replied, I'll chip in - although I only supply sensors and don't build/spec R35 kits (or kits for any other vehicles for that matter!).
  • S6GP+ can now use the standard Denso widebands on the R35 so you no longer need to go with a pair of NTKs. You can fit a pair of Bosch LSU 4.9's as an option, but I'm not sure at what state of tune it is recommended to do this.
  • Uses standard R35 knock sensors
  • Not sure what the standard MAP sensor is rated to, but there is a 4 bar direct-fit and we (JTi) can do a speed-density conversion loom (developed for Litchfield) that uses this in place of the stock item. The replacement has a temp sensor that replaces that of the MAF, so better suited to speed density.
  • R35 has oil temp as standard, but not oil pressure as far as I know - that might be something you could add (we do a braided hose kit for this, along with the sensor: other vendors are available :) )
  • Fuel pressure sensor is also not present as standard. These can be added easily enough I imagine.
That's all I can think of.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I think Ryan was off getting married, so you'd maybe get a more detailed response by emailing the Syvecs team direct.

But what Tim says makes sense

I'm sure for a standard engine, the kit will be complete with everything needed including lambda sensors if they are required.

And as Tim says, if Oil and Fuel pressure are not included, they are very worthwhile having.

I've never worked on a GTR, so not sure how many I/O's they use up though and how many might still be free with the S6Plus
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote:I've never worked on a GTR, so not sure how many I/O's they use up though and how many might still be free with the S6Plus
Not many - standard schedule has just 1 spare, but looks like there are a few that could be freed up (maf1, maf2, and "pre-throttle MAP1" and "pre-throttle MAP2" maybe).
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Engine Oil Pressure comes from the Can Bus on the car as well as Gearbox temp and pressures

Would suggest an Air Charge Temp sensor for the Intake Manifold or Intercooler Pipe and a Fuel pressure sensor.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

In what circumstances, Ryan, do you suggest moving to the LSU4.9 on the R35 - if ever?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

When starting to use exotic fuels like e100 and methanol
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Ryan.g wrote:Engine Oil Pressure comes from the Can Bus on the car as well as Gearbox temp and pressures

Would suggest an Air Charge Temp sensor for the Intake Manifold or Intercooler Pipe and a Fuel pressure sensor.
Cheers Ryan. I'll get those ordered up.