Problems connecting Expander.

Slowie

Re: Problems connecting Expander.

Post by Slowie »

Interesting. That sounds promising.

I simply asked if I could connect a X10 and KT-8 to an S6, and the answer was No.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I still dont see anything in the S6 firmware that relates to a KT8, however maybe the X10 could take over those duties ?

I guess a last resort might just be the X10 along with a generic 4 channel EGT to analogue voltage unit and use 4 input channels on the X10.

Easy enough for a 4cyl.

AEM used to do a 4 channel analogue adapter...not sure if they still do.
Innovate had their TC-4 but it was only via their serial stream so no use here.

This seems cheap and very doable, 4 x TC's to 4 analogue channels.
https://www.reveltronics.com/en/shop/66 ... -47-detail
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:19 pm I still dont see anything in the S6 firmware that relates to a KT8, however maybe the X10 could take over those duties ?

I guess a last resort might just be the X10 along with a generic 4 channel EGT to analogue voltage unit and use 4 input channels on the X10.

Easy enough for a 4cyl.

AEM used to do a 4 channel analogue adapter...not sure if they still do.
Innovate had their TC-4 but it was only via their serial stream so no use here.

This seems cheap and very doable, 4 x TC's to 4 analogue channels.
https://www.reveltronics.com/en/shop/66 ... -47-detail
Nothing to set up in the S6 for the KT8 - it can't make use of any of the data anyway, just log it or display gauges. You'll find you can add gauges for the KT inputs without having to do anything else first.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Ahh right.

The others distinctly have KT1-8 on the I/O selection and you need to configure the CAN Datastream for them.

Ability to log/display on an S6 would be fine
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 pm Ahh right.

The others distinctly have KT1-8 on the I/O selection and you need to configure the CAN Datastream for them.
Are you sure? Can't see it anywhere for S7/S8/S12 cals?

And it is always possible they've moved the goal posts since I last played with this a couple of years ago. If I get a moment I'll set up my trusty S6, an MEU and a KT8 and see what's what.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

My S8 is configured for use with the KT8....

Perhaps my wording was incorrect.

INPUT R01 through R08, for me EGT1-8 are received on I/O, X-CAN RECEIVE A #01 thru 08

There are also the Input U channels too on my S8

In a S6 config, recently updated 1.103, offline, not yet connected to an ecu but only updated from 1.100, I only see regular Universal inputs, no "R" inputs
Which allow me selection options of SLAVE1 AN#1 thru 28 ( presently some used with the MEU )

So very different....doesnt mean they wont work ?
But in SCFG for the same 1.103 I just updated, KT1-8 is shown under I/O, Slave Link.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

OK, not played around with KT8 on an S8 but receiving data via generic receive makes perfect sense. But S6 simply does not support generic receive. S7+ does, but not S7I.

So S6 *used* to allow KT8 to be received via slave link but I wonder if Syves have deprecated that now the S6 is obsolete and they mainly sell the S7. But I would think the firmware is still available to allow it to work as it used to - KT8+S6 via slave link (but needs an active slave device, such as MEU, to cause the slave link to be initiated).