3rd Party App - Syvecs Pro (Apple iOS)

For support and updates on the Syvecs Bluetooth module

Moderator: Wez

Wez
Santa's Little Helper

3rd Party App - Syvecs Pro (Apple iOS)

Post by Wez »

Hello All,

We have been working with Paul from Twisted-Solutions to build a Syvecs compatible App for iOS, once the legals were sorted we were able to get a base build that enabled him to connect to the Syvecs bluetooth module, complete the stream functions and decode the data, with this in place he was then able to work on the interface.

Working together we have improved the performance significantly which has resulted in a more responsive experience.

Paul is close to the stage where he would like to sign up 20 people for the beta program to iron out any issues before the official release to the AppStore.

His username on here is Pcoles, send him a message with your email address and full name.

There is also a Facebook page for the app :-

https://www.facebook.com/SyvecsPro/

Here is some info and media for the app :-

There are multiple gauge types for the user to select from to fully customise each screen :

a) Analog style gauges - Needle based gauge
b) Progress Bar style gauges - As seen on the GTR
c) Trace Gauges - as seen in SCal
d) Text Gauges - Nice clean way to see values

Every gauge type gives the user the option of double tapping it to display a full screen version of the gauge, great if using a smaller screen on a phone.

A wide range of gauges offer the user to set their own markers in the gauges e.g. rpm you could set a red line marker to go from 6.5k revs to 10k. For gauges such as Nitrous Pressure you can have a green area for when its at pressure, and red for when its gone over (Could add an alarm also at this point).

Gauges offer the user to configure and activate gauge alarms e.g. oil pressure, rpm to high etc. The alarms can be used to warn the user of a problem OR even could be used to tell a user when something is ready e.g. Nitrous pressure at temp. The alarms are spoken so the user does not need to look at the screen to keep track of what is happening.

The app also allows up to three switches to be added per screen to control the three outputs of the bluetooth module, these can be used to control anything from Anti Lag, Launch Control, Cal Switch, Nitrous Control, if they are not wired to the ECU they can even control lights or audio systems if required.

In addition to the monitoring of data, Syvecs Pro has an amazing performance system that allows users to monitor their 0-60mph, 0-100mph, Top Speed (can use GPS speed or ECU speed), 1/4 Mile Exit Time, 1/4 Exit Speed. There is also an estimated BHP monitoring system.

The app also allows the user to fully customise the colour of to suit their needs e.g if you have a blue interior then change the app to blue to blend in.

There is a fantastic Screen Record option, this allows users to record their screens while running the 1/4 mile, Racing around a circuit or simply changing settings that can be sent off to a mapper or simply share with other online community members.

Main-es.png
Main-es.png (210.85 KiB) Viewed 21742 times
All Guages-es.png
All Guages-es.png (219.7 KiB) Viewed 21742 times
Dial Guages-es.png
Dial Guages-es.png (217.92 KiB) Viewed 21738 times
Number Guages-es.png
Number Guages-es.png (210.7 KiB) Viewed 21738 times
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
Pcoles

Re: 3rd Party App - Twisted-Solutions Syvecs Pro (iOS BETA)

Post by Pcoles »

Hi Guys,

I'm Paul (the guy that has developed this app). I'm in final stages of phase 1 development and require a selection of testers to give the app a wide range of testing (Preparing the testing now so when the first beta version is ready then there will be no delays. Our main goal is to iron out any issues experienced while using the app and also recommended alterations to make the user experience as good as can be (Before going live to the full public). At this stage I'm after people with a range of different vehicle types and also a range of sensors to make sure each output from the bluetooth module is being displayed correctly and how you require.

During this the testing phase a series of updates will be released to the selected testers, including fixes and changes required. Also during testing, development will continue to include additional features (Not required for initial testing beta releases), but parts that are required to complete for the full build ready the app store.

Cheers
Paul
Nashlebanon

Re: 3rd Party App - Twisted Solutions Syvecs Pro (iOS BETA)

Post by Nashlebanon »

Hello Paul,

I am available to go through the Beta program.
Let me know by email what are the requirements.
nashlebanon@gmail.com

Regards,

Nash
iainscooby

Post by iainscooby »

This looks fantastic, is there any update on when it will be ready for release?

I’ve only just seen this, I’d be happy to help with any more testing if still required.

Thanks
Iain

*edit* I’ve just found it in the App Store, will download and have a play :-)
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Be sure to send Paul a message too as we are still looking at BETA testers for new features etc.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
iainscooby

Post by iainscooby »

Wez wrote:Be sure to send Paul a message too as we are still looking at BETA testers for new features etc.
Done :D