Migrate ALS from switch to On/Off from Toucan Screen.

macromraco

Migrate ALS from switch to On/Off from Toucan Screen.

Post by macromraco »

Hi,

From the release notes of Toucan 1.30 firmware - correct me if I'm wrong, please - looks like it is now possible to enable/disable Syvecs ALS from the screen instead of using a switch.

I'd like to know what is the procedure to migrate it from the switch to the screen, what changes are needed, how it works etc. I'm currently running Syvecs 1.41 firmware on the S6 installed in my STi, and Toucan firmware release 1.30.

I already programmed the Toucan_CAN_CAL_V130_minimal.SC to the ECU, re-programmed the current map already adjusted to the new Syvecs firmware (big thank to Ryan@Syvecs for helping out with the adjustments) and configured the Toucan unit to be the CanBUS termination and to control Syvecs through it. I haven't seen any changes in the display behavior, everything kept working fine - gauges etc so I think the update process was ok and everything is currently using CanBUS. Is there also a way to confirm that?

Thanks for the help.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Migrate ALS from switch to On/Off from Toucan Screen.

Post by TimH »

Have you changed your Syvecs calibration to accept "Bosch M4" frames? This is covered in the V1.30 User Guide available on our website.

I confess that the User Guide doesn't cover the specifics of ALS control via CAN, but this is fairly obvious in SCal.

FYI there are some issues with V1.30 changing CALs via CANbus - V1.32 will be released in the next 2 days to fix this :)
macromraco

Post by macromraco »

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the help and the heads up about the new firmware release.

Sorry for the newbie question, I'm just the 'end user' trying to improve a few things in my car ;-)

You were right: I checked everything on the V1.30 user guide and forgot to set the Bosch M4 frames. After setting that, doing some navigation through Scal menus and a few tests it got pretty obvious indeed:

- Followed the V1.30 user guide and this time enbled the Bosch M4 frames under "Datastreams" -> "Custom CAN" -> "Bosch ABS M4-Kit" -> "Receive Bosch ABS M4-kit CAN frames" -> set to "Yes"

- Then also set "Receive ALS Enable Switch" -> to "Yes" under the very same "Bosch ABS M4-Kit" submenu;

- And finally set the "IO Configuration" -> "PIN Assigments" -> "Input: ALS Switch" to "NOT CONNECTED" to disable the old toggle switch configuration.

That was it. Now it is working through Toucan Screen.

If this is the correct way of doing this, I can generate a document with this procedure with a few print screens and make it available - if it is of any interest to anybody of course.

Now I gotta figure it out how to remove some CAN frame timeout errors generated to some sensors that don't exist in the car after enabling the Bosch M4 frames lol

Thank you again.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I will improve my User Guide to make it clearer - sorry if it wasn't 100% obvious!

The timeout frames are a side effect of enabling Bosch M4 and, as far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it. The User Guide *does* mention this lol :)