CANBUS control of TC

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
Steve

Re: CANBUS control of TC

Post by Steve »

I believe it does yes, but over RS232(which is fine for me) not CANBUS, but the last time I spoke to Wez about it the bluetooth module doesn't currently remember is previous CAL/TC setting. So would default to position 1 each time the car was switched off.

This may have changed but it needed a firmware update to sort this on the bluetooth itself. (I could be wrong on this so apologise if I am)

If it has been sorted I will order one next week :)
Last edited by Steve on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toyota Supra BoostLab S366HF - 821 rhhp / 644 ftlbs - Mapped by Ryan
Syvecs S6 with aftermarket DBW setup on Greddy Style Intake manifold.
- SOLD 2017
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Steve,

There are two schools of thought regarding the remembering of the last known Cal / TC position on the BT module. One school of thought says that it is best to remember the last position, the other says it is best to forget it. The rationale behind remembering is that it is quicker to fire up the car and get moving, the last known Cal will be used and you don't need your phone with you. On the other hand, not remembering the Cal has the advantage that you can use your phone as a security feature - make CAL1 a "no start" Cal and if you don't have your phone with you then the car won't start. Of course the problem with that is that if you forget / lose / break your phone, then the car won't start.

I guess that it might be sensible to update the firmware with an *option* to store the next-power-up CAL, so if you want to then you can tell it to start in a different Cal but if you don't then it will still default to CAL1. Open to suggestions here though, any good ideas welcomed :)

Cheers,

Pat.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the response.

I think your last idea is a good one, the option to save last known CAL/TC would be ideal. (Well for me anyway :D)

Cheers
Steve
- SOLD 2017
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Pat

Any chance of having the option to save last known CAL/TC positions?

Cheers
Steve
- SOLD 2017
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Use a Toucan :lol: 8-)

CANbus control of CAN and ALS on/off, and the CAL voltage output can then be redeployed as TC control or a LC on/off. And it remembers CAL and TC positions :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

Tim, just to confirm you are saying use the CANBUS control for CALs and for TC use an input?
- SOLD 2017
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Steve wrote:Tim, just to confirm you are saying use the CANBUS control for CALs and for TC use an input?
yes - simply because there is no control of TC CAL via CAN as yet (nor LC on/off) so it has to use an actual input pin, unfortunately.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Just been speaking with Pat and he is working on the BT module firmware that will enable us to save the startup positions of all three outputs from the BT module, should have this ready in a couple of weeks, but this still requires the use of the BT module outputs and inputs on the ECU.

CAL and TRC switching via the BT module serial stream back to the ECU requires ECU firmware changes, I will have a chat with Ryan and see where we are with that as last I heard it was possible and was on the "todo" list :D
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

IIRC, the BT module uses RS232 not CAN? If so, bearing in mind a change to allow control of the ECU via RS232 will be down to Life Racing, my hunch is that it won't happen in a hurry :(

Could be very wrong of course!
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

TimH wrote:IIRC, the BT module uses RS232 not CAN? If so, bearing in mind a change to allow control of the ECU via RS232 will be down to Life Racing, my hunch is that it won't happen in a hurry :(

Could be very wrong of course!
Hey Tim, you are correct the BT module is RS232 and the firmware change is to be done by Life.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs