4 EGT feedback

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
HondaDrag

4 EGT feedback

Post by HondaDrag »

It would be great to Syvecs users if we could assign 4 egt inputs and have closed loop trimming on them as till now we can only assign 2 EGTs so I cant have safety per cylinder basis.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: 4 EGT feedback

Post by pavlo »

Closed loop trimming of what?

S8 can be spec'd with 4 EGT inputs if you want but I would be very careful in trying to "correct" egt with fuel. If you want consistent Lambdas across cylinders then 4 Lambda is also an option that can be achieved either with a slave unit, input expander or hardware option.

But you should remember that if you have closed loop knock control activity and/or different ignition advance across cylinders your EGTs will vary as a result, so you need to be aware up front of how the control loop is going to work and what's going to be affected.

You can also characterise the engine on the dyno with independant Lambda monitoring and then correct your baseline cylinder corrections, so that your overall lambda as reported by the ECU is representative of the all the cylinders, this will be quite consistent.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Yes it all makes sense what you are saying, infact I have Lambda monitoring in each cylinder so we can monitor/tune it perfectely on the dyno, but during the drag run I want to remove the 4 lambda`s as i think with the antilag, etc i would damage the heaters and just switch to 1 NTK sensor on turbo outlet.

The 4 egts will be used during the race so at least they are monitoring each cylinder and maybe if a cylinder goes high maybe add some fuel 1-5% or else switch ecu to a set an engine trip/limiter, etc.

Last time I spoke to Ryan he told me that assigning EGT to each cylinder for closed loop trimming is not yet ready but were thinking on it for the future, so for now I just monitor all cylinders.

Obviously having 4 lambda assigned + closed loop triming and pressure compensation for Pre-Turbo would be fantastic on this great ECU.

Thanks
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Lambdas in the manifold for a turbo are not really a go for accurate closed loop as they will change their response with pressure. I see where you are coming from, so for comparisons I would use your 4 lambdas for balancing only and the post turbo lambda for overall tuning. If you're tune is okay you can use overall EGT to increase fuel target and use the post turbo lambda for closed loop fuelling. I you can characterise the engine on the dyno you can take that to the strip without the 4 lambdas.

This is how much of the individual cylinder work was done on stock car and v8 supercar stuff that didn't allow the monitoring in competition. SO the best settings were found on the dyno to balance the engine and then they were transferred to the competitive setup and locked.

For drag use you will certainly want to be using the closed loop knock control, which I am sure you are, but that in itself requires tuning, and you need to characterise the knock response of the engine for best results. You need to be sure that when you look at a spike on the knock track that it is knock, so you're not tempted to push further thinking that the spike are just mechanical noise.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Yes, Knock control, especially the S8 in particular is one of the most important function that MUST BE USED always.
Infact I was going to open another topic not in here as there are some inputs that I am not clear about even after watching
the Youtube video on Knock Control.