Flex fuel strategy using flex fuel sensor to S6 - When!

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
Aibo500

Flex fuel strategy using flex fuel sensor to S6 - When!

Post by Aibo500 »

I found this info from US- gt-r forum nagtroc.org(http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php ... _p__865521):
"Bob, on 20 March 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:
Thanks for the quick reply. This is definitely a great product. Another question. Does this have the capability to manage a flex fuel setup?

ryan.g Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:40 PM
On present firmware release it does not but give us a few weeks and it will be done.
We will be doing a proper strategy allowing direct use of the GM Fuel sensor which output a frequency and pulse width dependant on Ethanol content and Temp."
That is then about two months old reply from you-> What is the status with this now(two months is ~ few weeks ;) ) V-power is going higher and higher in price and as I have E85-station nearby a complete flex fuel upgrade to my Sti would be done asap if syvecs supported it like this. Hopefully this is on the works because although e85 is not available as pump fuel in UK, it is quite easily obtainable in other parts of europe!
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: Flex fuel strategy using flex fuel sensor to S6 - When!

Post by Ryan.g »

At present we have just put the Ethanol sensor control and a few blend tables into the S8 for testing as we have alot of customers in the US who have E85 on tap and are very capable calibrators for properly testing.

Once a member of staff is back of holiday who does the Coding it will be finished off to include proper control.

Will have lots of blend tables for Fuel, IGN, Wastegate control, Starting, Accel Enrichment, Desired output functions for triggering extra fuel pumps etc

Once it working in S8 it will be pushed into the S6 Firmware

Ryan
Aibo500

Re: Flex fuel strategy using flex fuel sensor to S6 - When!

Post by Aibo500 »

Thanks for quick reply Ryan. This is GREAT!!! Looking forward to this S6 firmware update and fingers crossed for it to be sooner than later :D