Skyline update

For Nissan Technical Chat

Sponsored by www.h-dev.co.uk
pavlo
Zen Performance

Skyline update

Post by pavlo »

Having been working on a number of different Skylines of late, I now have had R32, 33 and 34 running on S6 and S8 platforms.

I have run on the standard CAS, but also 36-1 with single cam trigger, and now 36-1 using the standard CAS for the CAM sensor info, so only having to add one additional sensor that is wired in to the original MAF wiring.

With the S8 we have 2x knock inputs and with the addition of the 36-1 wheel the knock control has a chance of working a little better, it's also well placed to use 2x lambda inputs for banked closed loop fuel control. To make the knock control work properly you are going to need the addition of the full knock control for the S6, or make the plunge to the S8 which makes good use of the two independent knock sensors.

But with good wiring it doesn't seem to be a problem to run the standard CAS to 8500rpm, but I would limit it to 8000rpm, and if you're after big power on pump fuel, the crank trigger is the way to go.

The overall results are very good and the driveability is improved over the HKS Fcon, but the use of 4d mapping for fuel is very much a requirement, and getting some decent base maps for that side of things will take a while. It's an issue with both big single plenums (like the Veilside) and 100mm throttles, as much as the OEM individual throttles.

I will update this thread with some dyno graphs and other bits and pieces.

Cheers

Paul
Zen Performance
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Re: Skyline update

Post by Charlie »

Good Stuff Paul :)
Jez
Horsham Developments

Re: Skyline update

Post by Jez »

Sounds great - would be interested how the 4d mapping goes, I've not tried that yet.