Syvecs and car computing.

For customer project blogs and discussion
secure

Syvecs and car computing.

Post by secure »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bot4jGzMHw
More information.
http://artattech.blogspot.com/2010/09/s ... uting.html
Actually my car computer system has been stolen a few months ago but here are some pictures and video left from my project =) Anyway, I have had din-sized Lilliput TC2000 and Lilliput 649 LCD display(keep away from lilliput) and running Windows XP & Centrafuse 2.0 frontend combo. (centrafuse is the best of all frontends)

Since all Syvec units communicate through ethernet ply and canbus, it was a good idea to run them through the car computing system -centrafuse & smonitor softwares were both appropriate to do it. Syvecs calsw was a standard rotary switch so I needed to find a knob that aesthetically looks good and adapt it. After some influencing from Subaru's si-sw and BMW's idrive I decided to use Griffin Powermate USB knob which is actually made for personal PC's volume knob. You can see the how Syvecs calsw fits into Griffin Powermate from here.

After finishing the project the first thing I have done is to connect Syvecs with a remote desktop connection. It was really nice to control the running engine with a wireless connection. I was hoping to try this remote connection with 3G usb modem but that has never happened.

The monitoring software(Smonitor) of the Syvecs was easy to be embedded to Centrafuse. Just only one click, a custom button -Smonitor automatically connects to the ecu and loads the datas you require. Actually it is very possible to communicate through canbus and draw the datas with custom graphics say like Skyline GTR style dashboard. If you have a webcamera(10 usd) connected to your car computer it is also very possible to overlay the datas (say drift angle,rpm,boost,ignition,braking, accelarating etc) to the captured movie. Moreover, if you have GPS sensor(40 usd) connected to your car computer it is also very possible to import car gps coordinates to Syvecs datas like in the Formula 1. Also you may buy input/output control boards like fusion brain just to trigger some devices from Syvecs or just use these control boards for ALS switch or Launch control switch from Centrafuse screen. So if you have some programming skills this is the future. Just imagine. =)
legacygtb

Re: Syvecs and car computing.

Post by legacygtb »

cheers. that answered alot of questions. :)
secure

Post by secure »

You are welcome. ;)
legacygtb

Post by legacygtb »

Hi secure,

Could you post a screen shot of the dash layout you have setup please.

I can see you have each indivual cylinder knock shown ..... what sort of values would this be triggering to .... setting an alarm would be beneficial but without experiencing and noticing knock, i wont know what its range is!

I am starting to play around with math channels and am interested to see what else you display!

Plus, what is the sensor code for the TPS?

Cheers,
Will