AEM Sensors and Solaris

Pin outs, sensor calibrations etc
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

AEM Sensors and Solaris

Post by Wez »

Hey All,

Would the AEM range of sensors be suitable for use with the Solaris S6 to monitor fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp and EGT?

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdet ... sors//2339
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: AEM Sensors and Solaris

Post by pat »

Wes,

most of those sensors look like they should work OK, although a K Type sensor is probably going to be better for EGT than an RTD type sensor.

For pressure sensors, it is better to go with a solid state, voltage output type rather than having mechanical types which have potentiometers, they are prone to failure and that's not what you need on an expensive engine (or indeed any engine). If it's merely for monitoring purposes then the potentiometer type sensors may prove adequate, it doesn't matter if they fail, but it would be a disaster if the sensor reading was actually being used for something (eg fuel pressure).

Temperature sensor wise it is probably best to stick with NTC type sensors, RTD should work but may be more difficult to linearise.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: AEM Sensors and Solaris

Post by Wez »

Hiya Pat,

Thanks for the info, I have managed to source an K-Type Inconel EGT probe which I plan on wiring into the ECU, I will keep you posted.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs